COVID-19 and Your Home Inspection
Here at RJ Inspections we are closely monitoring the rapid evolving outbreak of COVID-19 and we are taking precautionary measures with guidance from the local health experts, state officials, and the CDC. We want to assure our clients, employees, and everyone in our local communities that we are taking their health and safety very seriously.
On top of instructing any employee to stay home if they don’t feel well, we are enforcing that all inspectors follow the below protocols….
- Inspectors and technicians wear masks and gloves upon entering a home.
- Sanitize all equipment
- Avoid any personal contact
- Avoid being too close to anyone present at the home inspection in order to practice “social distancing”
- Of course to practice safe hygiene by covering their mouth with their elbow/arm should they have to cough or sneeze
- Be conscious of everyone’s safety while still following our guidelines to provide our usual high standard of care.
Our goal is to provide our clients with a quality home inspection while not being too invasive to the home in order to protect everyone.
If you are a buyer or seller please read the below recommendations for the inspection. Please call us with any questions you may have regarding your inspection.
We understand that buying a house can be a stressful time, so we want to provide you with the best and safest service possible with regards to inspecting your future home. For everyone involved’s safety, we have some suggestions.
- If you are attending the home inspection, limit the number of anyone coming to the inspection. We suggest only 1 client representative to be present, 2 maximum including your realtor, and to wear any safety protection you may have.
- You are welcome to video chat any other parties that you would like to attend digitally in order for other people to be involved in real time.
- Out of respect for the sellers safety, any client or representative present should avoid touching anything in the home, as much as possible, and simply observe.
- Do not forget that we are, as always, readily available by phone to go over any questions about the report after the inspection, whether you are attending the inspection or not.
- We also urge any buyers to pass along the suggestions we are giving for the sellers of the home.
We know that a home inspection can be just as stressful for the seller as it is for the buyer. Although we are going to take every precaution to not be too invasive, we do need to maintain our high standard of service for our clients. We want to give you some suggestions for before and after the inspection to keep your home as safe as possible.
- Our goal is to limit our contact with any personal items of yours however, we will need your help with this. If possible, we suggest that you provide access to all areas that will need to be inspected, so that it is not necessary to move any belongings. This includes things such as access to the attic, electric panel, every heating or AC system, main water supply/drain, water heater etc. Essentially, declutter areas so that the inspector can move freely through the home.
- Although we are trying our best to not contaminate anything in the home, it is best practice to sanitize all obvious areas that the home inspector or other would have to contact. These would be items such as, but not limited to, doorknobs, light switches, thermostats, knobs to cabinets, faucet/shower controls, and anything of that nature.
- If the buyer of your home is not using us for their inspection, it may be helpful for you to pass along the suggestions that we have for them in order to help protect your home.
RJ Inspections, Inc.
You have questions? Contact us today, we’re here to help. Fill in the following form or give us at call 1-800-253-4402.